Frequently Asked Questions:
WHAT IS “RESORT EVENING” ATTIRE?
It’s what you wear when you dress up to have a cocktail outside, and your mother told you to look presentable. [more than school picture day but less than Kentucky derby]
· Men: slacks with a shirt, polo or other collared shirt, dinner jacket is optional.
· Women: cocktail dress or pair a blouse with slacks, or a skirt.
WHAT IS “GARDEN FORMAL”?
It's what you wear when the invite says “formal” + you want to feel extra, but you’re outdoors + it is summer. [more than cocktail but slightly less than the Oscars :)]
· Men: a suave suit, a colourful tuxedo/dinner jacket, dress pants with a dress shirt, linen suit (tie, bow tie + socks optional)
· Women: full-length + cocktail length gowns, floral prints, bright colours (its summertime after all!) evening shoes you feel comfortable walking across the grass in.
· Children: when your mother dressed you to look presentable.
WHAT IS “FRENCH RIVIERA CHIC”?
It's what you wear when you are at the pool but there is a photographer lurking about and you want to feel like you’re at a glam beach-club in the south of France.
For more info, what to wear on the French Riviera (P.S. scroll past #1 :-) )
WHAT SHOULD I PACK IN GENERAL?
Temps range from +18C to +28C during the day with (hopefully) little cloud cover meaning: jeans won’t be too hot for comfort + if wearing shorts, bring a light sweater. Provence’s style is quite casual - outside of our wedding events, t-shirts + shorts, summer dressess will be great. Pack light so you can pop on + off trains easily, tackle cobblestone roads + conquer stairs without elevators. A small backpack that can do double duty as both your carry on + your everyday tote. A large, lightweight scarf for the ladies to hide shoulders from sun or when taking tours of the churches. A leisurewear sneaker or comfy sandals are great shoe options. A hat that folds easily and a swimsuit.
A universal power adapter + sunscreen for sure!